[Tagging] How to tag for dualband GPS ?

Andrea Mazzoleni amadvance at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:07:11 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> The 'Auto' setting may not be 'optimal' for what you want, but as a
> compromise between data bloat and resolution/accuracy it maybe better than
> a fixed time as judged by the developer/manufacture.

For not 'optimal' I mean that with the same number of points you can
approximate better the same curve.

Just found this gpxsimplify tool (https://github.com/tkrajina/gpx-cmd-tools)
that can reduce the number of points of a recording done with "1Sec" to the
same number of points of the "Auto" settings allowing only a maximum error
of 30cm.

It uses the Ramer–Douglas–Peucker algorithm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramer%E2%80%93Douglas%E2%80%93Peucker_algorithm