[Tagging] Inclined elevators

Guillaume Chauvat guillaume at chauvat.eu
Thu Dec 3 13:17:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

My apologies if this has already been discussed several times or if it's not the place to ask.

I was mapping a public inclined elevator in a dedicated building (it only contains the elevator and three parallel escalators). This is really a standard elevator running parallel to the escalators, not a funicular. Those elevators are very common here in Sweden, although most often inside metro stations.

What is the best way of mapping it? I used a way tagged with highway=elevator as the wiki recommends, but this does not seem supported by any tool (the default editor, the map on openstreetmap.org, or osmand).

Regards,
Guillaume