[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hazards (verifiability - frost heave?)

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:41:09 UTC 2020

This was a concern of mine as well.  I did not want someone micromapping
every bend in a road with hazard=curve for example.  The intent is for
officially declared hazards rather than vague interpretations.  However, I
also recognize that, particularly in the developing world, formal signage
or declaration may not exist and that unsigned hazards should be allowed.
I specifically wrote the paragraph below (from the proposal) to address
this issue.

Does that satisfy your concern?

=== Proposal text below ===

Hazards are verifiable via the following means:

* Hazards to drivers indicated by roadside traffic signs.
* Hazards to health and safety indicated by fences or other barriers with
posted signs
* Government-declared hazardous areas as marked on government maps and/or
GIS systems
* For countries which routinely sign traffic hazards (such as "dangerous
curve" or "school zone"), mappers should only tag these hazards when they
are actually signed. However, in some cases, notably in the developing
world, these types of hazards may be tagged even if unsigned.