[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Military=Coast-Guard & Rescue=Marine_Rescue

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:58:04 UTC 2020

This is probably a US-centric viewpoint, but I note that there is a general
lack of tagging under the military= key to indicate the military branch
associated with a military base.  For example, we have military=naval_base,
but no equivalent tagging for army, air force, amphibious, (dare I say
space force?) bases.  In places where the coast guard IS part of the
military, tagging it under landuse=military + military=* is appropriate.
However, I also support the need to tag coast guard areas in places where
they are considered non-military and thus landuse=military would not be
appropriate.