[Tagging] Many historic=wayside_cross are not historic

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 22:30:07 UTC 2020

I am sure someone has made this observation before me:
Many historic=wayside_cross and historic=wayside_shrine are not historic
objects in the sense of the definition of the wiki page Historic
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Historic> which reads:
"The historic <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:historic>=* key is
used to identify features that are of historic interest"
We have 130k "historic" wayside crosses and 80k "historic" wayside shrines
in the database.
Many of these are "mine" and many of these are certainly not of any
historical interest, they are often not even old. But some few certainly
are historic.

Volker
mostly mapping in Italy