[Tagging] edit war related to tagging of a bus-only major road

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Wed Dec 9 16:57:36 UTC 2020

On 12/9/20 08:36, Michael Tsang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm working with some roads in Central area in Hong Kong. Des Voeux Road
> Central is considered one of the most important roads in the area which I
> tagged it as highway=secondary, however another editor has repeatedly changed
> it to highway=service on the fact that that road is closed to motor vehicles
> except buses. An edit war has appeared.

It's definitely not highway=service. The access being restricted to
buses doesn't change the road classification. You have a strong
rationale for highway=secondary but it may not be quite important enough
for that classification either; I am not familiar enough with the road
network in Hong Kong to say either way.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com