[Tagging] How to put a name tag on an area with more than one type?

Casper van Battum cvanbattum at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 12:45:04 UTC 2020

Does the actual wetland have a name, or does the area which the wetland
is part of have a name? If the latter is the case, I might just consider
using a node with place=locality+name=(name) to tag it. It's typically
used to tag "an unpopulated location for which there is no extant
feature to which the tag could be associated" (source: wiki) but the
danger is that you might start tagging for the renderer. I wouldn't use
it if the /actual/ wetland is named, so if that's the case just ignore this.

Best, Casper

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dlocality