[Tagging] How to put a name tag on an area with more than one type?

Anders Torger anders at torger.se
Sun Dec 13 19:08:40 UTC 2020

A common established method to name natural features with separated
parts is as a multipolygon with several outers. There is one object that
ties them all together.

In this case a multipolygon is not possible, since the member types
differ and "outers" share segments. I think to actually have them all
tied together in a unit is still a good idea, it is one entity, not
multiple entities named the same. If this ever gets supported by a
renderer the logical way would be to have the name only on the relation
and no name on the separate parts.

/Anders