[Tagging] The saga of landuse=reservoir vs water=reservoir

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:33:02 UTC 2020

Re: "if a reservoir was fenced off, I would tag the fenced area as
landuse=reservoir but only the actual water surface as water."

There is also a more specific tag for this:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/?key=landuse&value=reservoir_watershed#overview
- though most uses were added by an import in 2011
-  landuse=reservoir_watershed:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Alanduse%3Dreservoir_watershed

-- Joseph Eisenberg