[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - crossing=priority

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:11:40 UTC 2020

Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> het volgende geschreven:

>> On 2020-12-13 21:53, Peter Elderson wrote:
>>
>> Just to clarify:
>>
>> > crossing=priority Indicates that the node is a pedestrian crossing  ....
>> when applied to highway=cycleway, should this read bicycle crossing?
>>
>> when applied to a highway=cycleway, does the tag imply priority for cyclists, pedestrians, or both?
>>
> And what happens if a cycleway crosses a footway, as happens commonly here in the Netherlands?
>
> We also have an analogous problem here where cycle tracks cross roads. In many (but nowhere near all) cases the cycleway has priority

To be clear, traffic from the right has priority, unless signing indicates otherwise. Pedestrians have to give way, unless zebra marking indicate they have right of way. Dismounted cyclists count as pedestrians. Flashing bulbs have been banished a long time ago, in favor of (fluorescent or backlighted) "zebra ahead" warning signs.