[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC 2 - Pumping proposal

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:15:36 UTC 2020

Missing at first glance: what is the mapper expected to do with pumping
stations.
We have around here in the Po valley, thousands of them for draining
purposes., and I presume that places like the Netherland have considerably
more of them. Many are housed in dedicated and locked buildings and they
often house several large pumps.
Normally you find the name of the operator posted somewhere.
Sometimes they have signs outside, giving the pumping capacity.
Sometimes, I can see the pipes, and that gives me an idea how many pumps
there are.
I also know that nowadays , apart from museums, pumps are operated by
electrical power.
The rest I don't know, and I would have to consult the web site of the
operator, as it may give some information.
But I think that goes far beyond what a normal mapper without specific
knowledge in pumps would ever do.
I am already happy if people map a man_mde=pumping_station and not only
building=industrial.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>