[Tagging] How to tag entire group of rentable holiday cottages?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Dec 14 10:54:49 UTC 2020

Dec 14, 2020, 10:07 by mariusz24 at gmail.com:

> On 14.12.2020 07:19, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
>

>> There are cases where there is group of multiple holiday cottages,
>>
>> each rentable independently. I know about cases with just 2 and big groups, 25 in one place.
>>
>> How it should be tagged?
>>
>> I found https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dchalet
>> that is for a single one.
>>

> There is an old edit error present on this page. The "This could apply to nodes (single chalet) or areas (a group of chalets)." is incorrectly placed in "Tags used in combination" instead of "How to map" chapter.
>
> See the old version, just before "Tags used in combination"" was added - > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:tourism%3Dchalet&oldid=1296833

I fixed this edit.

I spotted two more:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:tourism%3Dchalet&diff=prev&oldid=1448037
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:tourism%3Dchalet&diff=prev&oldid=1249899

that discouraged using this tag for group of them.

So my questions are: what is the UK (or English in general) word for location with group
of holiday cottages? Especially group of them in a fenced area, with shared amenities
such as restaurant/cafeteria, firepit, maybe sauna or lake access.

But without extensive entertainment infrastructure that would qualify for leisure=resort.

Would it be a good idea to revert this two edits and fully restore recommendation
to use tourism=chalet for group of chalets?

Or maybe we need a new tag?