[Tagging] How to put a name tag on an area with more than one type?

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon Dec 14 12:28:27 UTC 2020

> Anders Torger <anders at torger.se> hat am 14.12.2020 07:59 geschrieben:
>

> I'll gladly answer questions, but I think you need to rephrase. I
> suppose it is some hidden critique in there, but I honestly do not
> understand the question. It would be better for me if you put words on
> the critique instead of wrapping it in a question.

There is no critique in there, i have not formed an opinion on the concept, i like to understand the reasoning behind this.  Hence the question.

The premise is that in OSM we record verifiable local knowledge about the geography of the world.  And we try to record that in a form that is most efficient for the mapper.  Hence the question what additional verifiable knowledge you intend to record with the additional data structures you propose to create that is not yet in what we already record today.

--
Christoph Hormann
https://www.imagico.de/