[Tagging] How to put a name tag on an area with more than one type?

Anders Torger anders at torger.se
Tue Dec 15 08:52:38 UTC 2020

Yes we actually have some of that up here too. I've chosen generally not
to map it though as one cannot really verify it on the satellite photos,
and here in the vast nature in north it's not really reasonable to visit
all these places on foot so one have to rely on satellite photos for
large parts of the nature.

I'm quite sure that overlapping polygons is not how one is supposed to
do it though. Soggy forests should have its own natural type, in Swedish
we call it "sumpskog", and the best fitting OSM tag for that seems to be
"natural=wetland; wetland=swamp".

By the way, I've pushed an update of the RimmjoƔphe wetland now, removed
the relation and made a multipolygon to span the river.