[Tagging] sport=shooting_range vs sport=shooting + leisure=pitch

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 20:31:58 UTC 2020

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 19:47, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Is there some good use for sport=shooting_range?

Not in English as she is spoken.  "Shooting range" is not a sport.
"Shooting" is a sport.

> Or is it always preferable to use sport=shooting + leisure=pitch?

That's an improvement.  Not ideal, because it's practised at a
range, not on a pitch.  Just because we have other sports that
have been shoe-horned into leisure=pitch I don't see a good
reason to continue making that error.  A few bad ones,
but no good one.

--
Paul