[Tagging] sport=shooting_range vs sport=shooting + leisure=pitch

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:46:38 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 19. Dec 2020, at 23:29, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps simply leisure=range, as this would be generic to any type of facility where one might fire projectiles or ordnance.

is firing ordnance a leisure activity somewhere? Or a sport? leisure=range makes me think about golf driving ranges, but there’s already golf=driving_range for it.

The leisure key is generally silly, because we assign these tags also to sports facilities for professional sports people, but for shooting ranges it seems even less appropriate to add them under leisure when the operator is the military, a pmc or the police, not to speak of bombing ranges.

Cheers Martin