[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:traffic_calming=hillocky

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 23:29:12 UTC 2020

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 23:19, 80hnhtv4agou--- via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> https://streetsolutionsuk.co.uk/collections/speed-ramps/products/round-yellow-circle-speed-humps-50mm?variant=19772633645113
> <https://streetsolutionsuk.co.uk/collections/speed-ramps>

That didn't take me where you intended.  I had to navigate from where I
ended
up to those things.  Ended up at the URL you gave, but couldn't get there
directly.  It calls them speed bumps.  Which doesn't answer my original
question of whether the word "bumb" in the proposal was a typo or yet
another kind of traffic calming device.

It also doesn't directly answer if these function in the same way as
rumble strips or as speed bumps, but from the name I'd guess
they're not an alternative to rumble strips.

--
Paul