[Tagging] Proposed feature - RFC - Military Bases

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Dec 21 12:45:34 UTC 2020

Dec 21, 2020, 13:01 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> Am Mo., 21. Dez. 2020 um 08:40 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> >:
>

>> Mapping military bases in Israel, Russia, mapping anything in China/North Korea
>> etc should be welcomed in OSM if someone is doing this and wants that.
>>

> Mateusz, this is a quite detailed list, can you explain which other countries are included in "etc"? I do not know about Israel, Russia or North Korea, but I am pretty sure that mapping in China is illegal.

Yes, mapping China without explicit permission breaks Chinese law.
But it is not against OSM rules to be within Chinese jurisdiction and map China.

The same for mapping military bases in Russia or Israel.

'can you explain which other countries are included in "etc"' - I heard about other countries
that have similar laws but I have not verified this claims.