[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:40:02 UTC 2020

Brian,

In current practice the areas of rivers (whether waterway=riverbank or
water=river) are not tagged with a name=* tag, that goes on the linear
waterway=river feature. The same is true for canals.

This makes sense because the name belongs to the linear watercourse, and
adding it to the area would duplicate the name.

— Joseph Eisenberg