[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:26:32 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 7:17 AM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When (if) we figure out how to handle pools, and maybe a few other
> river features, I'll approach the angling association and see if they'd
> be willing to help add such features to OSM.  Maybe one of their
> members will think about adding other things to the map when
> the weather is too bad for fishing.

British anglers must be different from American ones. Most fishermen that I
know don't want their favorite fishing holes to be mapped! They'll tell you
where they are if you're really nice and ply them with a pint or three, but
will then swear you to secrecy!

I  can recall one peak-bagging trip where my hiking partner told me that it
was a good thing he'd not brought rod and reel - because otherwise I
wouldn't have been able to drag him off the river. A classic trout stream
with lots of skittish little brookies (Salvelinus fontinalis), that would
give you only one cast. And a couple of eddies with some pretty huge
smallmouth bass (Micropterus dolomieu) lurking in the rocks.
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin