[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addr:interpolation on closed ways and nodes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:52:50 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 23. Dec 2020, at 17:32, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:
>
> My guess would be that the main reason that people started using the
> hyphen notation with addr:housenumber is that they wanted something
> human readable on the map. And addr:housenumber was already rendered.

in Italy it is very common for places to have housenumber ranges, because most shop windows have housenumbers. Shops use either the number of the actual door, or sth like 35-39 if they have 35, 37, 39.
Or they use 35/37/39. Or any of those numbers. So far I’ve added the single numbers as nodes, sometimes adding entrance=yes/no, and the shop address the same as they do, or separated with semicolons (I think it is generally not consistent in the sense, that the same variant would have been applied universally)

Would you suggest we mark ranges in Poi addresses with an additional tag?

Cheers Martin