[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:23:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 09:00, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 1:25 PM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've had one German solemnly assure me that anything labeled a 'creek' in
> English is a minor watercourse, and challenge why I was mapping a riverbank
> for Schoharie Creek.

Thanks, Kevin, entertaining as always! :-)

I've also seen a couple of comments that "Creeks are small", & always have
a wonder about them?

Here are two of our local "Creeks"

https://goo.gl/maps/47KR97bhpjpSBpDv5

&

https://goo.gl/maps/fru9t4Vg7NynNPtv8

Definitely wouldn't try jumping across either of them, although a lot of
people have fun jumping into them, frequently off the bridges!

Thanks

Graeme