[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:08:33 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 10:26, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't that a plunge pool?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunge_pool
> I didn't even know plunge pools where a thing until Kevin Kenny
> mentioned them.  He knows everything.

Probably, but per wikipedia (again I'm no expert on this) "Plunge pools, or
plunge basins, are stream pools formed by the action of waterfalls", so
plunge pools are just a specific type of stream pool, When I originally
documented stream_pool on the wiki after the mailing list discussion the
intent was that plunge pools would be tagged as water=stream_pool.