[Tagging] Definition of lake/pond as applied to stream/plunge pools

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:38:02 UTC 2020

I'm giving away all my favourite spots here but both of these the stream is
mapped a a way, and has the pool under the waterfall mapped as an area, so
you can determine pools under a waterfall based on the natural=water area
with one of the nodes being a waterway=waterfall node.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/531128566
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/32173325

If we want a separate tag for this that's fine, but currently people use
the water=stream_pool in OSM to tag these.