[Tagging] Fuzzy areas again: should we have them or not?

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:50:54 UTC 2020

> Mappers can vote on tags,

  Organising real voting is practically impossible (or too hard).
  If by voting you mean "wiki" then there are some things:
  1. Wiki is not authoritative, never was and probably will never be.
  2. If local community has a different attitude than few people
editing wiki - you can totally ignore the wiki (and that is already
being done).
  3. Voting on wiki is done by several people when we have hundreds of
thousands of active mappers. Therefore voting on wiki is totally NON
representative, therefore it is... nothing.

--
Tomas