[Tagging] Deprecacations

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sat Dec 26 23:33:41 UTC 2020

(One of us should mention the thread title is misspelled and was likely intended to be "Deprecations").

I'm finding https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Deprecated_features which expounds on what we seem to document now.  Is that the entirety of what we document?  I'm asking for wiki or wiki-like documentation.  I know there is a lot of "lore" and "common practice in reality" of what people either believe or do about deprecation, which I'd prefer to pay attention to only as we might extract best practices from it.  I don't want to ignite huge disagreement as I ask this, either.  However, it does seem that some of our community are examining this rather closely about now.

I do appreciate that the third (of five) sections of that wiki is titled "Everything is more complicated than expected." :-)

SteveA