[Tagging] Non-historic static aircraft

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Dec 27 00:55:01 UTC 2020

Dec 27, 2020, 00:21 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 at 21:36, Paul Allen <> pla16021 at gmail.com> > wrote:
>

>> As Mateusz suggested, man_made=aircraft seems like the way to go.
>>

> Thanks both of you.
>
> TagInfo says that it's already in use 34 times.
>
> In that case, would it need RFC & so on, or just create a page?

Depends whatever you are fine with establishing de-facto meaning
or making full scale proposal https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal

Benefit of proposal include more through review, but benefits
are greater for more complex cases.

Personally I would simply document current use and start using it,
but there is nothing wrong with making a proposal.

It seems that meaning is quite obvious (permanently placed aircraft)
and unlikely to cause problems.