[Tagging] Proposed feature - RFC - Military Bases

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:11:49 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 28. Dec 2020, at 04:08, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Should we be saying "this is the Officers Mess", "this is the armoury" & so on?

it’s an individual decision, but it is generally possible and from the OpenStreetMap point of view there is nothing standing against it. If you are in possession of restricted information you will likely make sure to not disclose it on OpenStreetMap ;-)

My personal suggestion is to refrain completely from mapping such areas if you are working or have been working there, to avoid the risk of involuntarily disclosing information that isn’t available to the general public, and to be in an optimal position should someone investigate on the relationship of your mapping activity and your professional inside knowledge.

Ultimately this is something that everybody has to evaluate for themselves, according to their personal position, the legislation in their country etc.

Cheers Martin