[Tagging] [OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.25.0

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 23:15:14 UTC 2020

In my usage, i always thought that using a barrier=* + any other main tag
was wrong and widely accepted (as i saw that it was separated in most
examples when i started mapping). Thus my method has always been to map
them separately (one way for the barrier and one way for the other main
tag, even if they are exactly sharing the same node). This is in order to
keep the one feature to one object and keep things manageable and without
ambiguity. Thus to me, all the examples of "barrier=*" (+ "area=yes" +)
"leisure=playground" are a tagging error, that should be two separate
objects.

If it is a tagging error, then we don't need to remove the rendering, it
just need to be corrected on the data side by mappers. Am i wrong in
thinking that ?