[Tagging] Unremovable bollards

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sat Feb 15 20:22:59 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 15:16, John Sturdy <jcg.sturdy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 6:54 PM Hauke Stieler <mail at hauke-stieler.de> wrote:
>> there's the "bollard" key with documented value "rising" and "removable"
>> [0] but I often encounter also bollards which cannot be removed easily.
>> I would love to see the "unremovable" value in the documentation. Should
>> I open a proposal page for this one value? That sounds a bit of an
>> overkill to me.
>
> I think that by default bollards are not removable, and that if a bollard is not tagged as removable, it is reasonable to assume it's not removable.

A problem with this "null tag" interpretation is that with its
absence, it's not really possible to tell whether a bollard has been
surveyed and confirmed as non-removable, or if it hasn't been surveyed
in sufficient detail (e.g. bollard visible on satellite imagery but no
one checked on it in person).

--Jarek