[Tagging] Unremovable bollards

Florimond Berthoux florimond.berthoux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 11:29:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

Checking https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/bollard#values
unremovable is already used a lot, though irremovable is used also but four
times less. So I guess you can document the value.
(And no tag doesn't mean unremovable of course.)

I would like to add that there's a common type in Paris "Potelet sécable"
breakable bollard which are designed to break in two piece if pushed too
much. [1] <http://urbaco.be/pdf/fprod/FP-BOBSEC(V1-FR).pdf>
Only a small piece break, so they can be repaired quickly and for not much
money.
They are used a lot when firemen should be able to go with their trucks on
an pedestrian area.

No sure if those breakable bollards should be tag as bollard=unremovable
with subtag (unremovable=breakable) or directly bollard=breakable.

Le sam. 15 févr. 2020 à 19:54, Hauke Stieler <mail at hauke-stieler.de> a
écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> there's the "bollard" key with documented value "rising" and "removable"
> [0] but I often encounter also bollards which cannot be removed easily.
> I would love to see the "unremovable" value in the documentation. Should
> I open a proposal page for this one value? That sounds a bit of an
> overkill to me.
>
> My suggestion is the value "unremovable":
> A bollard which cannot be removed without destroying it or at least
> cause severe damage to it. A bollard which can only be removed by
> authorized people with some sort of key is still "removable".
>
> I would not use the value "fixed" or "irremovable" for two reasons: The
> "unremovable" value is used more often [1] and would be a good
> counter-value for "removable".
>
> Hauke
>
> [0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bollard
> [1] https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=bollard#values