[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - in-kind_donation

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 13:28:13 UTC 2020

On 15/02/2020 17:44, Hauke Stieler wrote:
> 1.)
> I'm not a native English spearker and personally never heard of "in-kind
> donations" before, so maybe a short description/definition might be
> needed/helpful.

'In kind' in relation to payments or similar means 'consisting of goods or services, not money'.

> 2.)
> According to [0] the convention for separation word in a key is the
> underscore. So I would change the key to "in_place_donations".

You presumably mean "in_kind_donations"? Anyway, it's a quirk of the
English language that a phrase that normally consists of separate words
is generally hyphenated when it is used 'attributively', i.e. as a
quasi-adjective before a noun. So I might write, 'He made a donation in
kind' but 'He made an in-kind donation'.

--
Steve