[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Approved - Tax free shopping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 14:24:40 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 16 feb 2020, alle ore 13:42, Hauke Stieler <mail at hauke-stieler.de> ha scritto:
>
> Hi all,
>
> thanks for all the feedback and voting. The proposal for tax free
> shopping and the "duty_free" tag has been approved: 13 votes, 2 against,
> 1 abstain.
>
> Currently there's a discussion ongoing about the calculation when there
> are "abstain" votes. So here are some approval calculations all leading
> to an approval of the proposal:
>
> * Support with "abstain" counted as "oppose": 10/13 = 77%
> * Support with "abstain" counted as "approve": 11/13 = 85%
> * Support without "abstain" in the vote count: 10/12 = 83%

there never was a question whether abstentions could count as approval, the question was whether they count as “votes”, e.g. to determine if the quorum was reached:

“ A rule of thumb for "enough support" is 8 unanimous approval votes or at least 10 votes with more than 74 % approval, ”

According to how we usually counted, it would be 10 approvals out of 13 votes.

Cheers Martin