[Tagging] Unremovable bollards

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sun Feb 16 22:05:31 UTC 2020

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 at 16:51, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Umm...
>
> Bollards are there to protect people. With the present threats I would think identifying which bollards could be easily driven through on a public map/data base would be a bad idea.
>

> So I would be firmly against the idea of the subtag value '=breakable'.

I'm not really sure
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Bollard_in_residential_area.jpg
does much protecting against any determined actor.

That kind of bollard is there as guidance where to drive (more or less
effective depending on how much attention the driver is paying). Shall
we not map these at all?

IMO the more serious pedestrian protection is more likely to be
barrier=block (some heavy-duty bollards notwithstanding)

--Jarek