[Tagging] Unremovable bollards

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 01:03:40 UTC 2020

On 17/2/20 10:26 am, Hauke Stieler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I too prefer 'fixed'.
>>
>> Foldable, is also in some sense irremovable/unremovable (spell check objects) where as I think 'fixed' is a better description as it implies not foldable, removeable nor lowerable.
> I was starting to write a whole page why I don't like "fixed" instead of
> "unremovable" but the more I think about this, the more I like the value
> "fixed".
>
> One thing I worried about were flexible/soft bollards [0]. I would not
> describe them as "fixed" regarding their ability to
> move/bend/rotate/..., but they still remain on their location on the
> ground, even though they are flexible. Therefore this would make sense
> to call them "fixed".

Or call them what they are 'flexible'. No reason not to say what they are.

> I currently don't know that a "lowerable" bollard looks like and how it
> works. Do you have an example?

Can be found in my area .. though I cannot recall mapping them. They look the same as fixed ones ... The ones here are a simple tube shape , with an annulus at the base. Someone presses a button some wher and they slowly lower into the ground. And then I suppose another button is pressed and they slowly raise up.

Arr here is a supplier.

http://www.bollards.com.au/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3IjQ0bDX5wIVWK6WCh2PdQhvEAAYBCAAEgLyifD_BwE

They call them 'retractable' - various ones - air operated, key or padlock.

I am certain there will be other suppliers.