[Tagging] Unremovable bollards

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 08:46:09 UTC 2020

Am So., 16. Feb. 2020 um 21:54 Uhr schrieb ET Commands <etcommands at gmail.com
>:

> My spelling check does not like "unremovable" but instead suggests
> "irremovable."  However, if I want to be nit-picky, all bollards are
> ultimately removable, so maybe more appropriate values would be
> "retractable" and "non-retractable."

if you look at the details, the situation may be quite different:

- some may be (at least physically) folded (or pulled out) by anybody, no
key or code required
e.g.
https://images.zufor.de/images/product_images/400x/umlegbar-selbstaufrichtend-zzobsozo.jpg

- others may require a specific key (private), or a generic key (e.g.
available to the fire department)

- another variant are bollards that retract into the ground (hydraulically
or pneumatically, maybe this distinction doesn't matter for us)
e.g.
https://5.imimg.com/data5/FD/EP/MY-1744683/hydraulic-bollard-500x500.jpg

- yet another variant are fixed bollards, which may either be strong (e.g.
not breakable with a standard car, at least not without breaking the car as
well) e.g. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Poller_auf_Buergersteig.jpg

- or could be flexible or light or not restraint (i.e. more symbolic than
physical) e.g.
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1u.VtKXXXXXXEXVXXq6xXFXXX4/Traffic-Safety-Black-Delineator-Concrete-Bollards.jpg
or
https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/Hbd2b0a9d420440ca94f0580be9e648b53/Queue-Management-System-Bank-Retracta-Belt-Barrier.jpg