[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:amenity=motorcycle_taxi

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:06:46 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, 8:32 PM Joseph Eisenberg, <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I think using "motorcycle_taxi" as a tag value would be confusing.
>
> Unfortunately, the English language terminology for these things is
> not very established, since they are not used in Britain or North
> America (except for the tourist pedicabs as mentioned), which makes it
> harder to pick a good tag value which will work everywhere.
>
> Are you aware of any alternative phrase or word which would be clearer?

Well, in Philippine English (English is an official language in the
Philippines), the standard English term is "tricycle" as can be seen in
everyday usage and in laws that regulate these forms of public
transportation. Unfortunately, I know that "tricycle" is ambiguous if you
look at global English usage so I have no real good alternative.