[Tagging] German Christmas Markets are mapped | Re: Annual Shows

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Feb 25 08:25:22 UTC 2020

Christmas markets in German speaking countries (etc) are often mapped in
OSM even though they are only for 1 of 12 months of the year. They tend
to be pretty permanent, being in the same place every year, and being so
large and noticable in a city.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:xmas:feature
https://be2art.de/xmasmap/
https://www.openstreetbrowser.org/#map=10/49.0034/8.4275&categories=xmas
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2511301962

So I don't see a problem with it. It's nice for us to map the "local
colour" of a culture & society.