[Tagging] Clarify explicit abstention when voting on a proposal

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:06:11 UTC 2020

After 2 weeks, the discussion at Talk:Proposal_process shows 10 people
in favor of considering an abstention the same as not voting, except
for the quorum, and 1 opposed:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposal_process#Clarify_whatever_explicit_abstaining_is_the_same_as_no_vote

"In approved/rejected decision ignore explicit abstentions (10 vote
yes, 1 vote no, 10 "abstain but have comments" would be approved).
In case of describing number of people use "N people participated in
voting" (when including explicit abstentions) or "M people voted"
(when including only yes/no votes, without abstain comments)"

Does anyone else want to add their comments or votes there? This seems
to be a rough consensus now.

- Joseph Eisenberg