[Tagging] RFC amenity=student_accommodation

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:40:46 UTC 2020

Am Fr., 28. Feb. 2020 um 16:50 Uhr schrieb Захаренков Алексей <
a-zakh at yandex.ru>:

> Hi.
>
> My dictionary places 'student accommodation' into the series of synonyms
> 'student residence, student hostel, student dormitory, student
> accommodation'.
>
> I think the proposal is about a type of landuse.
> 'landuse=residential+residential=university' is used somewhat 340 times.
> What about to legitimize
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:residential%3Duniversity at least
> with respect to landuse?

I agree there can also be a specific subtype for residential landuse that
is about dormitories, or student accomodation, or whatever seems fit into
the landuse logics, but I am not interested in the landuse property with
this proposal, it is about a feature. The topic of this proposal is how to
tag a facility that provides student accommodation, typically in a
dormitory, which is a site, will have living space for students in one or
more buildings, has an operator, possibly has outdoor areas, likely has a
name, etc.
"landuse" typically does not have a name, or any of this, it is a property
about the current use of land. If you split a landuse in 2, you still have
the same.

Cheers
Martin