[Tagging] Public refrigerators

Markus Peloso mar.pel at outlook.com
Sat Feb 29 08:43:17 UTC 2020

I find amenity=give_box is different from amenity=food_sharing as a shop=general is different from shop=supermarket.

In Switzerland if I go into a supermarket I found products of daily hygiene but the main thing is about shopping for food.

The main thing by a give box is about sharing items. In the description I explicit excluded amenity=give_box + food=only because if you go to e give box you expect some items like clothes, small appliances, dishes, toys.

--

Does a free pantry have some social aspect? Like given food to underprivileged or homless people social_facility:for<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:social_facility:for>=underprivileged, social_facility:for<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:social_facility:for>=homeless, …

Based on the description on this website http://www.littlefreepantry.org/ I think the main thing is about sharing food and it is some kind of social service.

Markus