[Tagging] amenity=tourist_bus_parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 23:12:15 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 4. Jan 2020, at 22:12, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My feeling is that we should not add more humanities along that line, like RV_parking, hgv_parking, snowmobile_parking, cargo_bike_parking and so on, but try to think,of something better.
> In particular I would like some tagging scheme that allows you to identify a parking facility, and within that same facility (which carries the name) the parking sub-facilities for cars,  buses, HGVs, motorcycles, ...That would make more sense.

it depends. When a parking has dedicated subareas (parking lot/s / groups of them) it doesn’t seem perfect to tag them as tI don’t see a problem with RV parking (apart the abbreviation, but it’s generally introduced in OpenStreetMap as in real life), if they exist (as RV only parking), and I don’t see a benefit if we’d tag all parkings the same and shift meaningful principal distinctions to a second level.

Ciao Martin