[Tagging] amenity=vending_machine/vending=bottle_return - brand:

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 5 13:31:13 UTC 2020

Jake, could I ask you to state what country/state you are referring to?
These practices are likely to be different across the world. For
example, some countries (such as the Netherlands where I am now) have a
pseudo-mandatory system where the retailers pretty much have an
obligation to facilitate the deposit schemes, but that usually only
covers products they sell themselves. So there would be no real need for
"brand" or "operator" in NL. Other countries will probably have
different systems - maybe they do not charge an extra deposit on the
bottles, but still offer a (small) discount when they are returned.
Finding a tagging scheme to fit the whole world requires extensive
analysis of as many different perspectives as possible.