[Tagging] addresses on buildings

Rob Savoye rob at senecass.com
Sun Jan 5 18:58:40 UTC 2020

On 1/5/20 11:45 AM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> In the US it can go either way. I've seen a shopping center where
> multiple buildings had the same address (number and street) but
> different ranges of suite/unit numbers.

  I can see both being appropriate. We have multiple old resorts with
one address, and several dozen cabins. Each cabin though is a building
way. When I got the official cabin names from the homeowners
association, I added that as nodes. I'd just like to do what's
appropriate. Mostly though I was wondering about a standalone rural
building. OsmAnd will dis[play the address either way, so it's a matter
of the metadata syntax.

	- rob -