[Tagging] amenity=tourist_bus_parking

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:28:36 UTC 2020

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 at 22:12, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> In particular I would like some tagging scheme that allows you to identify a parking facility, and within that same facility (which carries the name) the parking sub-facilities for cars,  buses, HGVs, motorcycles, ...That would make more sense.

I agree that the current tagging scheme doesn't work well with
mixed-type parking facilities.

However, a new tagging scheme would likely mean that we need a new tag
for parking facilities as i don't think that an automated edit (e.g.
changing access=* to motorcar=*) on over 3 million amenity=parking
would be accepted.

As for the areas within a parking facility, we could use something
similar to building:part: for example amenity=parking_facility:part if
the parking facility is tagged amenity=parking_facility.

Regards

Markus