[Tagging] [Talk-us] Trunk VS primary,

Julien djakk djakk.geographie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 05:43:19 UTC 2020

Hello ! Please note that the highway tagging is designed for cars : there
should be also a highway-like tagging for trucks, for bikes, and for
pedestrians.

Plus : there is the commuter point of view and the long-distance point of
view :-)

I would vote for an importance tag, values from 1 to 6 : for some roads or
path we could reach a cool level of details : example :
 car:importance:commute=1, bike:importance:long-distance=3

We can merge : importance=6 is for cars, bikes ... and commuting and
long-distance (usually it is for a dead-end),

Importance=5 could still be called highway=unclassified.

Julien “djakk”