[Tagging] addresses on buildings

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Jan 6 07:47:20 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 11:22:50AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
>   I assume the right place for tags like 'addr:housenumber' &
> 'addr:street' are on the building way, and not a standalone node ?

In Germany we have both. And it depends on what actually makes sense.

These are my thoughts and usage:

If you have HUGE Buildings i use a node with an address. Because
navigation goes to a single location and i want to specifiy the
exact location someone is sent to. And not some random location
calculated by an algorithm broken down from the outline.

Then there are buildings which is a single building with no seperation
inbetween but multiple entrances with individual housenumbers. I
use nodes on those.

All simple buildings e.g. individual residential detached houses
i put it on the outline.

Flo