[Tagging] amenity=tourist_bus_parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:36:32 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 6. Jan. 2020 um 03:25 Uhr schrieb John Willis via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>:

> On Jan 6, 2020, at 1:27 AM, Florimond Berthoux <
> florimond.berthoux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have just detected the wiki page "amenity=tourist_bus_parking"
>

> Why is this it’s own amenity, instead of
>
> amenity=parking
> bus=designated
> access=customers

"bus" is about a bus acting as public service vehicle. *=designated does
not exclude other means of transport:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:access%3Ddesignated
"The value designated is not meant to imply that OpenStreetMap access
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>=* permissions have been
automatically "designated" *only* to that transport mode! If an element is
meant *only* to be used by specific designated transport methods
(overriding whatever defaults may exist for that way), use access
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>=no
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:access%3Dno> in addition of the *
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:*>=designated value."

For a municipal tourist bus parking, who is "customers" referring to?
Customers of what?

Cheers
Martin