[Tagging] Tagging for emojis names

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 21:58:37 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 21:49, <ferdi98701 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have made this draft
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Emoji_names
> for this Topic and I would like feedback and improvement

The proposal needs a rationale explaining why it is necessary, or at least
why
it serves a useful purpose, to specify emojis for objects.

Either only a very limited number of such emojis exists (such as for the
Statue
of Liberty) in which case the ordinary name is better or every possible
toponym
will get its own emoji (which would be unworkable).

Oh, and one of the emojis in your proposal is for the US flag, not the US.

It all seems kind of pointless to me.  I await your rationale...

--
Paul