[Tagging] addresses on buildings

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 00:44:49 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 7. Jan 2020, at 00:32, Dave F via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> but can you show us rule where it says address data can't be added to buildings if there's only one entrance?

this is also what I have been arguing for in Italy, use addr tags on the whole area when there’s only one number through which it is accessible.

> or do even individual domestic properties which have both front & back doors have two postal addresses?

back doors don’t, but gates in the fence do, so often a property is accessible through several different numbers. Also windows may get numbers.

Cheers Martin